Thursday, February 13, 2014

Its Too Hot!

The heat is unbearable!! I am home alone for the first time in months, it feels strange - too quiet. By 8am I close all doors and windows, call in the dogs and switch on the aircon, that's my morning ritual. I just feel sorry for my gardener. I don't know how he does it. I told him to work slowly.
My daughter skyped, wanting cushion covers, and sent me a link on how to make them. They were so easy to make and I made several for her. I sent them off with my son when he left for varsity on Sunday. The link to the tutorial is at the bottom of this post.
 Here are some finishes.       

                                          mug rug -  daschund love
                                                                  


                                          mug rug - leo symbol


                                          table topper
                                              
                 another table runner - this time I used a blue border

My hexi flowers have grown to 94 = 658 hexies


These hexie flowers are pretty much all the sewing I am doing at the moment.

Here is the link to the  10 minute cushion cover tutorial





6 comments:

  1. I'm sure that there are a lot of people in the states who would love some of your heat about now.

    Your mug rugs look so cute and the hexies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes... I am one that wouldn't mind a little heat... of course when summer rolls around and the A/C can't keep up I might wish for the snow (18" of snow yesterday).... and lot of freezing temps -2 C or colder most days...
    But your finishes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extreme temperatures are never good, hope you get a break soon... and, yes, poor gardener.
    You've been busy! Love the daschund mug rug, the table runner and all your hexie flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hot and humid here too, but I know it's even worse your side! Gardeners here too work in the middle of the day - phew! You've been busy! Great finishes and I love them all.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mug rugs are so cute. Great ideas for mug rugs. Love the table runner, very pretty. Were the stars on the table topper made using English Paper Piecing? Great hexagons, very colorful. You have been busy. Stay cool and safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say that those cushion covers are really cute. Haha! I particularly like the mug rug with the Leo symbol, as I am a sucker for zodiac signs and horoscopes. Haha! Anyway, it’s really a good idea to just stay indoors, especially with the temperature reaching crazy levels nowadays. I think making cushion covers is a better way to pass your time. :)


    Darryl Lyons @ All About Air

    ReplyDelete