Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Checked Mania


I wanted to try free motion quilting on a quilt. Pulled out all my magazines, made a cup of tea and sat in the sun paging through them. So many lovely patterns I want to try.I found this pattern and raided my stash for  checks and stripes. The pattern is so easy and quick to piece, just two simple blocks.                                                                                                                                                                            
                      


The pattern is from Country Threads magazine

 


 Here is my quilt!
 


and a close up of the quilting



the finished size is 65in x 81in  (167cm x 207cm)

 
 I think this will be my picnic quilt




7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that quilt! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt!! Are you sure you want to have a picnic on it?? :>)I'd hang it on a wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful quilt! I wanted to say thank you again for the wonderful swap and let you know I posted about it here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt, perfect for picnics. It looks like it would be a great guy quilt as well.

    Have a super great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt! Breezy just like summer! Can't wait to see more of your work.

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fantastic! I love your colour choices! The quilting book sounds wonderful! I was given another great piece of advice - and that is to draw with a pencil as if you were quilting - it gets the mind in the rhythm too! Not that I'm experienced yet! LOL!!!

    I read your profile and we share the same two movies!!! The Matrix was my favourite until I saw Avatar! I so wish I could watch Matrix with fresh eyes again - such an awesome movie!

    Hugs!! Vikki :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Draw with a pencil on paper, that is!!!
    Vikki :-)

    ReplyDelete