Monday, May 16, 2011

Two quilts for Japan

This is my contribution for Japan's earthquake and tsunami relief. My guild sent members an email saying that they had received a plea for assistance for comfort quilts for those who had lost everything. It's my first time trying the triple rail fence pattern and I love how quick and easy it is.  So easy that a top can be made in a day!

This photo taken in the sun - shows the quilting. I did meandering hearts on the yellow fabric and meandering leaves on the green fabric.

.


On this quilt, I did a simple straight line quilting on the diagonal, it feels so soft.

They have been washed, just have to wrap them and drop them off at Yamaha who have generously offered to deliver them to Naomi  Ichikawa  ( the editor of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin magazine ) in Tokyo, Japan.

5 comments:

  1. Those are lovely and I know they will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful - and so is your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and so generous! They will be much loved and appreciated I am sure...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lovely quilts will brighten the day and bring many smiles to those who receive them. Well done! You are so very generous. Good going.

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my friend, you have a lovely blog. I love your quilts. The less fortunate in Japan will be very happy. Your garden is magnificent, see you soon. Love: Coral

    ReplyDelete