Monday, October 8, 2012

Coffee With Geta

Geta asked who would like to have coffee with her - I said I would be honoured to, so she sent me these lovely cups. That was in 2010. These blocks have been on and off my design wall in between other projects. I wanted to add something but what - I tried some hearts.... I did'nt like that. Off they came and once again it was put away.



 Then recently I came across a  lovely tutorial on how to add text to quilts and thought aha!


  The heart could have been a bit smaller or maybe moved slightly lower... but its done!
 I'm thinking a simple straight line quilting.

 

 Here is the link to the tutorial on adding text 

5 comments:

  1. Love what you did with your coffee cups! You made them "pop"! Well done!

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is wonderful, hon, I love it so much - and I love your text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen that fabric too often, but never bought it since I didn't know how to make a quilt from it - other than just adding a border and call it finish. I like what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Would love a cuppa from each one!

    ReplyDelete