Saturday, October 18, 2014

More Finishes

  
Market Day is finished.

Pam's Pocket Patchwork Sew- Along was great fun. See her posts - Airing of the Quilts where she shares photos from participants around the world.  


I hand quilted the circle quilt - BIG stitches, using Perle 8 thread.
Made more EPP stars and a long 17 1/2" heat pack, love these for relieving tension in the neck and shoulders.  I have made several over the years. In Summer when its very hot I put them in the deep freeze, perfect for cooling down.  I filled the bag with 1kg of barley. Wheat or rice can also be used.

 I ran out of batting and bought more on Tuesday. I have now pin basted Happy Scrappy Spring. Slowly getting there. More lovely Sew-Alongs here and here





4 comments:

  1. great finishes.... I don't have anything new to show... or tell about recently.... Love the rice/corn/barley/flax bags, but mostly in the winter (which is coming our way soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished Market Day looks fantastic.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, love the Happy Scrappy Spring quilt, have seen it before, great colors on yours.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete