Sunday, July 18, 2010

Images of Sport Quilt Show

The Natal Quilters Guild hosted a quilt show with the theme " Images of Sport " to coincide with the Soccer World Cup. The show was held at Highbury in Hillcrest, it was a fun day for all with visiting sports personalities voting for their favourite quilt, lucky draw prizes, interactive quilts for children and dads,  sale stalls, refreshments etc. I arrived rather late, headed straight to the sale stalls, bought some lovely goodies then went off to admire the quilts. So many beautiful inspiring quilts, too many to show now but here are a few to enjoy.

click on photo to enlarge

 

 

 
 
notice the cue stick
 

  

 


 TO BE CONTINUED....

PS: Hi and welcome to my newest followers Micki and Chantal

7 comments:

  1. Wow....wow....these are just stunning....glad you mentioned the cue stick, took me a minute. I'm in AWE of these quilts, how I'd love to see them in person! Thank you so much for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those quilts are jut fantastic, it just amazes me that this is fabric and not paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! wish i could have been there...but kids had me running from one appointment to a play date to.....i really mised out, such beautiful work ,t hanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fantastic quilts here, especially the last one. Looks like it was a great show. Thank you for sharing.

    Have a super great sewing and quilting day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These quilts are stunning! Especially I like the last one. Wish I was half as creative! LOL!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These quilts are just amazing! I never saw quilts like these!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete