Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I can't believe its Autumn

Despite the unbearable heat and humidity that has sapped my energy, I have been busy removing the applique paper  tearaway stabilizer from this quilt top that has been sitting on the shelf far too long. This was a BOM by Cotton Tale Fabrics in Hillcrest. It's going to be a challenge quilting all that cream background.



                                        88" x 88"

I have started a miniature snail trail, paper foundation piecing. I am using charm squares from my stash. Each block is 2 1/2 inches. I have completed 6 blocks - 8 more to go.

    
and I have completed the last Red Brolly stitchery.


                                           reading this book



 Some lovely free BOM's in blog land - click on the buttons in my sidebar. So many that I would love to do.


7 comments:

  1. That title post caught my eye... it's finally Spring here! ; )

    What a gorgeous quilt! Your work is always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get a break from the heat, and I get one from the cold, lol! Your quilt is just gorgeous. Those snail trails blocks are SO TINY, yikes, but they're darling! Great stitchery. It's so good to see you post, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....I love your quilt, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely quilt! Is there a place where I can buy the pattern? It's so beautiful!
    Great stitchery and good work on those very small snail blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The finished top is definitely fall like... although it doesn't yet feel like autumn here.... waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt! Are you going to hand or machine quilt? Doesn't feel like autumn here either, even if the last couple of days are cooler due to rain. Cute miniature blocks and stitchery. That book sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt top! You did a great job on it. It feels like winter yet in Ohio although we have had a few nice spring like days.

    ReplyDelete