Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mini Quilts

Lovely rain and a few cooler days, I managed to get some sewing done. I enjoyed sewing these paper pieced blocks, a bit fiddly to start and I messed up on the first two but finally got it right, ready for quilting and binding.


                                                                    2-1/2 " blocks

also finished these fun blocks. Pattern, 12 days of Christmas from Temecula Quilt Co -
have to decide on sashing and borders.

                                                           3-1/2 " blocks


I have wanted these rulers for ages. Next on my list is the dresdan ruler.


 My wrist pincushion that I have used for years was looking drab - so I used my Go! cutter and felt.

                                                              from this

                                                                    to this
                                                                      

I love  The Quilt Show.   They allowed  free access to their shows on the weekend and I really enjoyed the ones I saw- lots of good tips. I especially enjoyed Sue Nickels and Sue Garman's work - gorgeous quilts and wonderful inspiration.
I've just seen the weather report for tomorrow - 32C hot and humid. Luckily its a public holiday so its off to the beach I go!  

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Snail's Trail mini and your pincushion is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie that snail trail is AMAZING - so tiny - so perfect! I love it! And your blocks are wonderful too! Darling pincushion, do you ever poke your wrist instead of the pincushion? I know I would end up looking like I gave blood somewhere, I'd have so many pokes, lol.

    I enjoyed the Quilt Show all weekend too - stayed up til 3am Saturday night to watch, since I had company coming on Sunday. I am so inspired now!

    Believe it or not, our temp tomorrow will be the same as yours - our normal temp for this time of year is 7C. Sure do wish I could join you at the beach, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Snail Trail mini quilt! Can't imagine paperpiecing such tiny blocks, something I have never tried. Very cute pincushion as well as the 12 days of Christmas quilt.
    Have fun on the beach! Cooler weather here too, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the free weekend on The Quilt Show too. Your mini's look great!

    ReplyDelete