Thursday, March 20, 2014


What a lovely inspiring weekend!... thanks to The Quilt Show. They allowed access to all their shows in honour of International Quilting Day. Love that show!!  My EPP project I had planned to sew while in Cape Town didn't even get a look at. I was too busy having a good time with my children, visiting friends, shopping, and the Santana concert was just fantastic!! The weather was perfect too, no humidity, that's what I love about the Western Cape. Ten days just flew by so quickly.
I have since sewn all 38 stars while watching the Oscar Pistorius trial. Paging through the Quiltmania magazine I found a lovely pattern.

                 I have 80 of these little churn dash blocks to make

Here are some that I have made so far. Lots of cutting and little pieces to sew. Chain piecing and loving it!

Tomorrow is a public holiday, Heritage Day, and the Durban Land, Sea and Air Festival takes place on the beach this weekend.
Looking forward to the Sky Grand Prix, with 5 international and 10 local pilots competing against each other. Should be fun.


  1. Love churn dash blocks. I've made some, but never small ones. Lovely rain here after some scorching days, I should not mention the humidity! Have a wonderful weekend!

  2. Your quilt blocks look beautiful!! Hope you are having a great time at the festival :)