Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nine-Patch Churns - Done!

Its a glorious day in Durban today.Sunny, with a beautiful clear blue sky -a perfect Autumn day. My favourite season. Its also Voters day. I cast my vote very early this morning. They were so organised this year - in and out in 10 minutes unlike previous years when we stood queuing for hours in the hot sun. With Easter and the public holidays I have managed to finish my quilt top.

83 churn blocks
 2 1/2" squares for the outer border

. 
 Excuse the creases, I was in a hurry to take the photo and it was getting dark. 
I would like to get this quilted before Winter arrives. Early mornings already feel cold.

 166 x 214 cm   ( 62 1/2 x 80 1/2 " )

My next project is smaller 30" x 30" . and the block sizes are 3". there is also a smaller version - the blocks finish at 1 1/2 " - I might do both.
I am joining Pam Buda's Pocket Patchwork Sew-along,  its called Market Day. Its free and if you would like to sew along go here


2 comments:

  1. Great Finish... The Durban autumn is wonderful.... I like cool mornings and warm days.... just what you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Churn Dash blocks are really great.

    ReplyDelete